(Effective January 2020)
Viewpoint Forum, MVR Community, and Community Panel are managed as part of MarketVision Research, Inc. a full-service marketing research firm headquartered in the U.S. in Cincinnati, OH. As part of our business, we routinely collect data for the purpose of uncovering insights of relevance to our clients on a variety of topics. To the extent data collection (typically in the form of surveys) involves consumers or business professionals, the results are only used in aggregate with other data and with no personally identifiable information attached.
We respect your privacy and confidentiality and will never make your personal information available to outside parties. Your information is used only as a way to group responses in providing feedback to our clients, and none of your specific information or responses are looked at on an individual basis. If individual responses are requested as part of research, you will be informed of the request and given the opportunity to opt-out and discontinue with the research PRIOR to any participation.
MarketVision Research, MVR Community, and Viewpoint Forum, our online panel and survey platform, strictly enforce the rules concerning the interviewing of respondents 13 years of age or younger, the Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) of 1998. If a survey requests the participation of a minor household member, under the age of 14 years, the rules outlined by COPPA will be followed.
Any participation in research with MarketVision Research, MVR Community, or Viewpoint Forum is voluntary. If, at any time, you wish to discontinue your participation please simply email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com and we will remove you from future participation.
CCPA (for Residents of California)
The California Consumer Privacy Act, effective January 1, 2020, is intended to provide data and privacy protections to residents of California. MarketVision collects and uses personal data for research from residents of California only when volunteered by the research participant.
Any participation in marketing research with MarketVision Research or service partners is done so voluntarily. If a participant chooses not to participate in research he or she is not penalized or discriminated against as a result of their choice. Express Consent language is provided at the beginning of all data collection efforts outlining the request, the purpose of data collection, the purpose and extent of use of collected data, and with an active opt-in/opt-out option.
MarketVision does not sell or resell personal data provided by research participants for any purpose. Any personal data provided as part of research is used only for the purposes outlined in the express consent agreement.
Right to Information
MarketVision values your opinions and promises to protect your privacy and data. Research participants are afforded the right to understand what information we collect and maintain as part of our business activities, why we collect personal information, and how we plan to use the information. All of this information is communicated via Express Consent language shared prior to any data collection, giving the potential participant the appropriate timing for optional removal from collection without penalty.
GDPR (EU Residents)
General Data Protection Regulation is the privacy framework created by the EU to ensure data and privacy protection for EU residents. The policy protects European citizens regardless of where they reside and where they may participate in a research request.
MarketVision utilizes Express Consent as its mechanism for compliance. This approach ensures transparency with research participants regarding the nature of research, the data we collect and how it is to be used. Consent is captured prior to conducting any research so participants can exercise their rights in the process and determine their level of participation.
Personally Identifiable Information (PII) Storage Policy
Material containing PII may only be maintained for as long as necessary for research. Our policy is to remove PII from research material six months after final deliverables, including videos, audios, and any other material which may be considered PII. Exemptions to this policy include on-going research communities or other research where additional waves are planned.
Privacy Shield Certification
Privacy Shield guidelines dictate the levels of adequate data protection when capturing, storing, and transferring data between the U.S. and EU. The Privacy Shield framework includes standards necessary to ensure compliance to GDPR and remains an important factor of overall data protection compliance. MarketVision has maintained Active certification since 2016.
MarketVision Research fully supports and is committed to complying with Privacy Shield principles guiding the collection, management, transfer, and storage of data we capture and maintain from marketing research activities, and operates under jurisdiction of the Federal Trade Commission (FTC).
- Any and all data collected by MarketVision Research or via Viewpoint Forum is done so by permission of the respondent providing data.
- Any and all data collected by 3rd party suppliers are contractually obligated to comply with MarketVision's policies for data handling/management.
- The nature of any research is communicated upfront and with full transparency.
- A notification will be sent to respondents via email to gain their cooperation. If at any time you wish to no longer be emailed for surveys or other research purposes, or any purpose at all, you will be removed from future notifications.
- Any references to deadlines for completion and incentives to be earned are clearly communicated in this notification.
- Research participants have the right to know what data is being collected from them and the manner in which it is to be stored and used.
- Research data and any personal information will be stored solely for the purpose of the research and only kept as long as necessary to complete the research.
- MarketVision Research, MVR Community, and Viewpoint Forum strictly abide by Insights Association rules of participation. You can opt-out of any and all participation at any time with no penalty or hesitation. Your participation is entirely voluntary. To opt-out, email either firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- If there's an opportunity to participate in a non-survey research activity, and if this opportunity includes any sort of media or self-identification, you will always be asked for permission to participate in said activities PRIOR to collection of data. You can continue participation in other research activities and choose not to participate in anything that identifies you in special research requests, with no penalty or hesitation. All participation is by permission only.
- You may discontinue your participation in research with MarketVision Research or Viewpoint Forum at any time.
- Any communication requesting participation by others in the household will be clearly communicated to the primary research participant, with no requirement for participation. Data remains secure via all Insights Association guidelines.
- Any data to be transferred for any reason is limited and for specified research purposes only.
- Any vendors or third parties working with or for MarketVision Research are contractually obligated to comply with MarketVision Research guidelines for confidentiality and data security, and in compliance with Insights Association requirements.
- Third party partners include research companies and agencies that assist in the execution of research. These partners assist in global data collection in the form of surveys or transcription of qualitative interviews, both online and offline. These partners are required to maintain privacy and security levels equal to or greater than Privacy Shield guidelines.
- When transferring data to a third party acting as an agent, the agent is obligated to provide at least the same level of privacy protection as is required by Privacy Shield.
- When acting as a controller, any third parties to whom data is transferred are obligated to maintain at least the same level of privacy protection as required by Privacy Shield.
- MarketVision recognizes it may be liable for violations which occur during onward transfer to third parties.
- You have the right to know what information has been collected as a result of your research engagement with MarketVision Research and/or Viewpoint Forum. If at any time you have questions about what's being collected, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can respond accordingly.
- MarketVision Research retains data only on secured servers in secured facilities.
- We will never rent or sell your data for any purpose. Data is used strictly for research purposes.
- Any personally identifiable information is secure and data is reported only in aggregate. In the rare exception that we would like to share information that could identify you as a participant, your permission will be acquired PRIOR to collection of data and there is no requirement to participate.
- All research data is kept strictly confidential and never shared for any reason outside of the expectations for the research.
- All personally identifiable information that we collect is done so by permission only, and data stored on secure servers.
- No personally identifiable information is ever shared without your permission.
- All personal information we collect is relevant for the purpose for which it is to be used and that to the extent necessary, we take reasonable steps to ensure data is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and current.
- MarketVision ensures its employees comply with Privacy Shield principles and is committed to providing training and policy updates to each employee at minimum once every 12 months.
- Research participants may bring a complaint directly to MarketVision Research at any time, at no cost to the participant, and expect a response within 45 days of the filing date. In addition, any complaint filed to a data protection authority (DPA) in the EU will be reviewed by the Department of Commerce and best efforts taken to facilitate resolution of the complaint and to respond to the DPA within 90 days.
MarketVision Research, Inc.
Attn: Bob Graff
5151 Pfeiffer Road, Suite 300
Cincinnati, OH. 45242
- MarketVision may be required to disclose personal information in response to a lawful request by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
- Under certain limited conditions, individuals may invoke binding arbitration before the Privacy Shield Panel to be created by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission.
MarketVision Research has further committed to refer unresolved privacy complaints under the EU-US Privacy Shield Principles to the INSIGHTS ASSOCIATION PRIVACY SHIELD PROGRAM, a non-profit alternative dispute resolution provider located in the United States and operated by the Insights Association. If you do not receive timely acknowledgment of your complaint, or if your complaint is not satisfactorily addressed, please visit http://www.insightsassociation.org/get-support/privacy-shield-program/privacy-shield-eu-swiss-citizens-file-complaint for more information and to file a complaint.
Insights Association Privacy Shield Independent Recourse Program
MarketVision Research is dedicated to ensuring your personal privacy. We strictly adhere to Insights Association guidelines for proper data protection, and are contracted with Insights Association's Privacy Shield Program to ensure security of data between the U.S and the EU. As part of our self-certification to the Privacy Shield program, we are compliant with the privacy principles and frequently asked questions (FAQs) of the Privacy Shield Framework as developed by the U.S. Department of Commerce in consultation with the European Commission.
To learn more about Privacy Shield, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov.
To verify our compliance with Privacy Shield, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/list
Attn: Bob Graff
5151 Pfeiffer Road, Suite 300
Cincinnati, OH. 45242
email@example.com Effective Date: January 6, 2020